Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Do you Sudoku?

Sudoku is an addicting puzzle that I came across about two months ago in our local newspaper. I had never seen anything like it. Since I began solving the puzzles regularly, I’ve noticed more and more people doing the same. I’ve never been very good at crossword puzzles, and word-searches give me a headache; but this is one puzzle I can sink my teeth into.

The object of the puzzle is to fill in the missing numbers ( 1 - 9 ), keeping in mind each row, column, and 3x3 box can only have one of each number. The Level of difficulty is dependent upon the quantity of numbers given to you. (The below picture was captured from a program I purchased from http://www.sudoku.com/.) Here is an Easy puzzle.


(click on the image for a larger version to print and try yourself)
More free puzzles can be found at
http://www.websudoku.com/.

Once you get the hang of it, it can be quite addicting, especially for someone with an OCD personality like me. I've become pretty proficient at the Medium level. But there are far crazier levels than I would care to try just yet.

Do you Sudoku?

5 comments:

mamashine said...

Have you tried the devil version just for fun? It's horrible. I'm addicted as well, mostly to easy and medium since I can actually finish them.

Grant-Will-Rant said...

I haven't played around with Sudoku yet but I keep seeing it pop up in all my favorite hangouts, mainly Borders and Barnes & Noble. I'm afraid of the inevitable addiction.

Rooney said...

I'm too afraid to try the devil version. I don't want to get possessed.

Grant-Will-Rant said...

*snicker snicker*

C'mon, Jack, have some courage. Face those inner demons.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS JACK AND NATALIE HE IS BEAUTIFUL. CANT WAIT TO MEET HIM. JUST SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY WE BOTH FOUND OUT WE WERE PREGNANT AND LOOK THERE ALREADY HERE.LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING YOU GUYS IN JUNE. GIVE THAT BOY LOTS OF KISSES FROM UNCLE RYAN AND AUNTIE CORI,TELL HIM COUSINS HUNTER,CADE AND MADISON SAID HI. LOVE RYAN AND CORI