Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 16, 2005

D-Day

D-Day is coming.  No, not that D-Day; but Determination Day.  I’m speaking of Natalie’s ObGyn appointment in which we hope to find out whether we are having a boy or a girl.  Oct. 29 is D-Day.

I am getting pretty anxious, but she seems to be keeping her cool about it.  Considering she is the one to read the last page of a novel when it starts to get slow so she can decide if she wants to keep on reading, you would think she would be as anxious as I.  

Boy, boy, boy, boy…  Can you guess what I’m hoping for?  She thinks it’s a girl and is afraid I’m going to be disappointed.  “Don’t get your hopes up,” she says.  But I say it right back to her.  I’m just afraid that if it is a girl, she’ll have me wrapped around her little finger.  At least with a boy, I know all the tricks… I’ve been there, right?  Right?!?  We’ll see.

Natalie’s belly is growing so fast.  We bought a new digital camera so we can take pictures and send them to everyone and post them on the website.  Can you guess how many pictures we’ve taken of her progress?  NONE.  Don’t ask me why.  We’re just so busy, we’re letting this slip by.  I’m afraid that if we don’t stop to smell the roses soon, our kid is going to graduate and move out!

I’ve been following another couple’s journey parallel to ours.  It’s nice to see someone else sharing your thoughts.

3 comments:

Grant-Will-Rant said...

Boy, boy, boy...

Duh... We need someone to play Mario Kart with.

And shame on Natalie for reading the last page of a novel before she's finished. Me, I don't even read the blurb on the back for fear of spoiling the story.

Boy, boy, boy...

But if it's a girl, that'll be cool too. As long as she can play Mario Kart.

Brian Swiatowy said...

Natalie & Jack,

Congratulations and thanks for stopping by and posting on our blog! This has been such an amazing and incredible experience so far...with many more surprises still to come. I wish y'all the best of luck with everything. Hopefully your baby will cooperate on D-Day! I'll check in occasionally to see how things are going. Take care!

Brian & Amanda

mamashine said...

Okay, it's October 31 now. I've been checking back this weekend to see if you posted any news. Was Baby shy, or are you being secretive? Or just lazy about posting?